17th November 2023: Our Daily deLIGHT~6th Day-Knowledge
Happy Preparation Day for the weekly Shabbat!!!! May it be filled with the presence of our King as we prepare to enter into Shabbat and worship Him!!
In Romans 6 Paul is addressing the congregation in Rome that they should know as believers in Messiah they should not continue to be enslaved to sin. He is reiterating the knowledge of the truth of what was accomplished through the finished work of Yeshua and what that means for those who receive Him as their Redeemer. We are to no longer be enslaved to sin!! If we are, then we are not fully experiencing and walking in the knowledge that we’ve been given in His Word as disciples of Yeshua. We were designed to be free from sin and that comes through obedience to His teachings and instructions.
Romans 6:1-11 says,
1. What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase?
- May it never be!How shall we who died to sin still live in it?
- Or do you notknowthat all of us who have been baptized into Messiah Yeshua have been baptized into His death?
- Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Messiah was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father,so we too might walk in newness of life.
- For if we have becomeunitedwith Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection,
- knowingthis, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin;
- for he who has died is freed from sin.
- Now if we have died with Messiah, we believe thatwe shall also live with Him,
- knowingthat Messiah, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him.
- For the death that He died,He died to sin once for all;but the life that He lives, He lives to Elohim.
- Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to Elohim in Messiah Yeshua.
Galatians 3:27-29 says, “27. For all of you who were baptized into Messiah have clothed yourselves with Messiah. 28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Messiah Yeshua. 29. And if you belong to Messiah, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.”
Galatians 6:14 says, “But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Master Yeshua Messiah, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
May we allow the truth of the Spirit of Knowledge from these verses today to convict our hearts that, if we are in Messiah, we should not be friends with the world nor adhere to the world’s views. We need to understand and know that we are sons and daughters of the King (Psalm 45) and with that comes a responsibility to walk as nobility!!
Have a blessed and shalom filled preparation day!!!
River of Life Tabernacle
Great peace have they who love Your law. Psalm 119:165a