2nd July 2020: Our Daily deLIGHT~5th Day-Power
During the latter years of King Josiah’s reign, Israel was a spiritual oasis surrounded by apostasy…the abandonment of the faith. [NASB: The New Inductive Bible Study]. Zephaniah’s prophecy is a call for Yah’s people to return to humility and righteousness as YHVH’s anger is kindled. In the verses below we see what our Creator will do, and will ultimately do at the end of the age, for those who love Him and desire to keep His ways and appointed feasts.
Zephaniah 3:17-20 says;
17 “YHVH your Elohim is in your midst,
A victorious warrior. [Powerful warrior]
He will exult over you with joy,
He will be quiet in His love, [Renews us in His love.]
He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy. [As we’ve brought out before, “He will dance as One with violent emotion and joy!!”]
18 “I will gather those who grieve about the appointed feasts—
They came from you, O Zion;
The reproach of exile is a burden on them.
19 “Behold, I am going to deal at that time
With all your oppressors,
I will save the lame
And gather the outcast,
And I will turn their shame into praise and renown [#1]
In all the earth.
20 “At that time I will bring you in,
Even at the time when I gather you together;
Indeed, I will give you renown and praise [#2]
Among all the peoples of the earth,
When I restore your fortunes before your eyes,”
Listed below are the promises that our Creator…the powerful warrior that He is, will do for His righteous people.
- He IS in our midst [Nothing, good or bad, is hidden from His eyes.]
- He is a victorious/powerful warrior
- He exults over us with joy
- He renews us in His love
- He will dance over us with violent emotion
- He will gather those who grieve about the feasts
- He will deal with our oppressors
- He will save the lame
- He will gather the outcast
- He will turn ourshame into praise and renown in ALL the earth [He said this twice in these verses, so it has emphasis.]
- He willgather us together [Three times He uses the word gather in the four verses. Hebrews 10:25 says that we are “to gather together, so much more as we see the day approaching!!”]
- Again, He willgive renown and praise among ALL the peoples of the earth
- He willrestore your fortunes before your eyes
If you go back in Zephaniah 3:11-13 you will see how our Powerful Creator first separates the rebellious and then ends as a Powerful Warrior gathering those who truly want to be with Him. The first thing He says about the ones He will gather will be those who grieve about the appointed feasts…the Holy Convocations that require us to gather together. Can you see the connection of what we do now sets us up for what He will do later? So, what is this prophecy really saying? It’s for those who strongly desire to keep His feasts that puts in motion all of the rest of His responses to His people. And for those who do, He will defend with His powerful outstretched arm against anyone who tries to keep us from His ways. That’s a promise!!
Have a blessed and shalom filled day!!
River of Life Tabernacle
Great peace have they who love Your law. Psalm 119:165a