19th May 2023: Our Daily deLIGHT~6th Day-Knowledge
We have made it to another preparation day for the Shabbat; another weekly rehearsal that has eternal value. The more we understand and know what significance there is with the sixth day, the better prepared for the coming days we will be. 2 Peter 3 is one of those chapters that warns us to prepare and walks us through the promises. Peter wraps up his second letter telling the congregation, that he loving calls beloved, why he’s written it. I would encourage you to read the short book of 2 Peter.
I will bullet below some of the points Peter makes in 2 Peter 3:1-10 before I highlight today’s verses:
- Remember the words spoken beforehand
- Mockers will come following after their own lusts
- Mockers saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? Everything is the same as it’s been since creation.”
- The earth was formed out of water, by water and was destroyed with water
- Present heaven and earth reserved for fire, kept for the Day of Judgment and destruction of ungodly men. (Not the righteous)
- YHVH is not slow about His promise, but patient toward us not wishing for any to perish
- Heaven and earth destroyed with intense heat and burned up
After sharing with his people and reminding them of the day that is coming, Peter says the following in 2 Peter 3:11-18; “11. Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12. looking for and hastening the coming of the day of YHVH, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13. But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells. 14. Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, 15. and regard the patience of our Master as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16. as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. 17. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, 18. but grow in the grace [power and enablement] and knowledge of our Master and Savior Yeshua Messiah. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.”
Bullets on Peter’s closing comments:
- Looking for and hastening the day of YHVH
- Looking for the promise of the new heavens and new earth in which righteousness dwells
- Be diligent to have peace, be spotless and blameless
- Regard Yeshua’s perceived delay in returning as His patience in order for more to come to salvation
- Be on guard so that we’re not carried away by error
- Grow in grace and knowledge of Yeshua
- Give glory now and always
After Peter shares about the coming judgments, as well as the coming promises, his final words tell us that we need to grow in grace [power and enablement] and knowledge of Yeshua because THIS is the power and knowledge that it’s going to take in order to be spared at the end of days. What did Yeshua do? What words did He teach and live by? What did His death, burial and resurrection accomplish for us? When we get THIS knowledge and DO it we will be prepared for the present and future day we live in.
May we yield to the true Spirit of Knowledge so that we know and understand the warnings to prepare and the promises to walk in.
Have a blessed and shalom filled preparation day!!!
River of Life Tabernacle
Great peace have they who love Your law. Psalm 119:165a