15th May 2023: Our Daily deLIGHT~2nd Day-Understanding
Today, we’re going to keep moving through Proverbs 3 that we started yesterday. Verses 19-26; “19. YHVH by wisdom founded the earth, by understanding He established the heavens. 20. By His knowledge the deeps were broken up and the skies drip with dew. 21. My son, let them not vanish from your sight; Keep sound wisdom and discretion [another word for understanding], 22. So they will be life to your soul and adornment to your neck. 23. Then you will walk in your way securely and your foot will not stumble.
- When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. 25. Do not be afraid of sudden fear nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; 26. ForYHVHwill be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.
Not only were the heavens and the earth founded by wisdom and understanding, they are also maintained by these. We, too, are Elohim’s creation AND He will also maintain us. But we do have a part in it and that is to believe His Word and do it!! In the verses above we are given clear truth and direction, and if we do them there are also clear promises that come with it.
Below I’ve listed the truths and the promises along with some principles that go with it:
- Do not let wisdom and understanding vanish from our eyes. The eye is the lamp of the body (Matthew 6:22-23)
- Keep sound wisdom and discretion. The word keep here has the Hebrew meaning to guard, be kept close, watch over. It’s not the exact same Hebrew word, but it is the same Hebrew concept that was given to Adam pertaining to guarding and keeping the garden.
One thing we can learn from Adam is “what NOT to do”. First he did not keep the serpent out of the garden; he tolerated him and this allowed him to get to his wife and then ultimately he fell also. If we KEEP the flames of wisdom and understanding lit it will shine light on what is really happening about us…our eyes [lamp] will see it and we can stop the enemy from ever getting in our garden. Where is this garden? Usually, though not always, it will first start in our thoughts and mind. Thinking on things that are noble, true, pure and of a good report as the Scripture says in Philippians 4:8, is a good place to start.
- They [wisdom and understanding] will be life to our souls.
- They [wisdom and understanding] will be adornment to our necks. This word adornment is the same word for grace. The power and enablement to do Yah’s will. Why the neck? The neck is a passage way for all of life to be able to get sustenance to the rest of the body. When we stop and think about the function of the neck this becomes a more meaningful promise to us. It’s a path for our breath, for our food, for our drink. The neck connects the head [Yeshua] to the body [His disciples]. So it’s vital to have wisdom and understanding in order to have nourishment and connection to the life source.
- We will have security in our walk
- We will not stumble in our walk
- When we sleep we will not fear and it will be sweet
- We will not fear when wicked comes
- We will be positioned to have confidence that YHVH will make sure our foot is not caught in the snare of the enemy.
May our necks be connected and in alignment with our Creator and Messiah; may our eyes be full of light and not one flame will be missing on our menorah!!
Shalom & Blessings,
River of Life Tabernacle
Great peace have they who love Your law. Psalm 119:165a